Thread: fix for "outdated browser" situation on sims 2 launcher?

Default fix for "outdated browser" situation on sims 2 launcher?

I have a game issue that I wanted to ask about. I've just noticed this problem today and not sure why it's suddenly started up, the issue is that when I try to load my sims game the launcher will pop up and then immediately crash before I can click the play button. I'm also noticing the little area below the play button that used to display updates and whatnot to the official ts2 site before it was taken down, is now giving me an outdated browser alert. I'm wondering if anyone else here has had this happen to them before and if there's some sort of fix that would cause that part of the launch screen not to even load and hopefully keep it from crashing.

This is basically what it looks like.

Like I said, I've never seen this before so I'm kind of wondering if maybe there's been some sort of recent update to the launcher on EA's end that's causing a conflict because recently up until today it's been just loading the start button area at the top and none of the stuff below. Can't seem to find anything in a google search except something about a script error in the ts3 launcher and a couple ts2 related posts on EA's Origin site that have gone unanswered, but apparently a complete uninstall/reinstall won't fix it... Also I'm not using Origin so it can't be that. Any input on it would be great, thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ~

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Mamie

Default Re: fix for "outdated browser" situation on sims 2 launcher?

It has/is happening to me, too. Once you've gotten that screen try again to load, it should work; it worked for me. A while back someone posted a solution, should be somewhere in this sub-forum.

Thank you Caro for this beautiful siggi.

-
    -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTeaQueen For This Useful Post:

Headed to the Looney Bin Tinkle's Avatar

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Tami

I click really fast and it opens, if I don't click fast enough it shuts down. However I know that MTS had something a while back but could not find the info now. I did find this however: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/in...ms-2-launcher/ talks about bypassing the launcher.

I copied this bit from there:

Yes, you can bypass the Launcher in TS2, but you have to edit the shortcut that you use to start the game. First, right-click on the icon and click "Properties". Note that the Launcher is named "Sims2Launcher.exe". Next, click "Open File Location" -- that'll let you view the folder the the Launcher is in. That folder should contain another executable file that has the Sims icon and starts with "Sims2". That should be the executable file that the Launcher runs, when it's working. Note the name of that file -- don't forget to add on the .exe ending because Windows will probably hide that from you.

Go back to the Properties box, and make sure the Target field is *not* highlighted. Go to the end of that field, and edit out Sims2Launcher -- leave the .exe ending. Make sure the cursor is positioned just before the dot in .exe , and type in the name of the executable file you found. When you're sure it looks right, click OK.

Or you could try this:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?titl...the%20Launcher

There is this as well - you have to be a registered member to see all the info however:

http://www.simmersgarden.com/t3758-h...ims-2-launcher

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjpCYSLTBKc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkle For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for the quick replies! MsTeaQueen, awesome suggestion, I tried it again and it did work. It seems like if you click very quickly as soon as the launcher pops up it'll go straight through and load the game, but it has to be done before the launcher fully loads. And Tinkle, those links are very helpful. I'm gonna look into it over this coming weekend so I can get rid of the problem for good. You guys are wonderful!

~
    ~

Take a look HERE I hope it helps!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christobal For This Useful Post:

I have never had this problem...but I also do not have my internet connected when I launch the game. I can see by your screenshot that you are connected while launching. Try launching the game not being connected to the internet and see if you still have the issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 13pumpkin For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Kim

Look in the TSBin of your latest EP (in my case it's EP9) You will see Sims2EP9.exe or whichever EP you have and use that to start the game instead of the launcher. You can also right click it and send a shortcut to the desktop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

~~
    ~~
    ~~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Real Name
    Theresa

I had the exact same problem, and it started about the same time. But a HUGE to Dawn, our little Pumpkin, for her comment of just unplugging the internet to start up! So much easier for me, as the instructions of other sites were to much for my poor brain!

Thread Information