Thread: What is 'error code 12'?

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Nikki

Default What is 'error code 12'?

I've had a look to see if this has already been covered and either it hasn't or I haven't gone back far enough looking at old posts.
    I have just got Showtime and since then I've experienced a problem with saving my games. It comes up with the message 'error code 12'. Does anyone know what this is and how I might be able to rectify it?
    I uninstalled all of my downloads thinking I might have downloaded something that was causing the problem. Today I spent all day building and decorating a house but couldn't save it and when I went into edit game the whole thing crashed. I was in game mode at the time, I didn't like the Maxis house the family were living in and was remodelling it.
    Thanks for any help, suggestions or simply taking the time to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Salma

actually its a pretty common error, due to lack of memory
    check this : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/362318.page post number 3

-Don't worry when you're not recognized, but strive to be recognized *Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louma For This Useful Post:

Real Name
    Kaliegh

I had this error once. After some Googling for answers, I had read to delete your world cache for the world that you are playing in. I did that and haven't had it since. Hope you get it fixed!
    Visit my album:
    Updated 02/05/11

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaliegh For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Frani

It could also be a DEP problem, especially since you said you've just recently installed Showtime. Sometimes each EP needs to be added to the DEP list. Here's more info and other possible fixes for the error: http://www.ehow.com/how_6724773_stop...12-sims-3.html I hope something works for you, good luck!!
    Last edited by Frani Jo; April 12th, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frani Jo For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Nikki

Thank you Frani, Kaliegh and Salma I'll try those and let you know how it goes.

Thread Information