Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Sims 3: Showtime

Real Name
    Lissy

Quote Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
    Hate the social aspects more than words can convey...but whatever...its not like EA cares. As long as people flock like sheep & buy it, they won't care what the rest of us think of how they are killing the game.
    I have Origin ONLY because that's the only way I have WA for now
    (digital-need to buy the disc soon, esp since I have all the others on disc already).
    AND so I don't have to wear out BD drive or game discs.
    (so in future if they stop online support my discs wont be all scratched & dead)

Origin does try to get you to find others online, & chat etc..but I have that all unchecked with options AND have me logged in as "offline" permanently.
    I never even open it anyway, except when my launcher tells me updates are needed. And I only use launcher to install S3pks or check for updates occasionally. To play game I go offline & use direct game exe file to start (no Origin or Launcher). I only use things as needed, :hohoho
    In other words, you DO NOT need to be online to play your games even if you have Origins digital copies of games.

You know that after you start the game, get to the Main Menu, you can take your disc out and play for hours right? I do it all the time because sometimes I play up to 18 hours in one game session. YOu just need the disc to start the game and get to the Main Menu, after that just pop it out and you're good to go for that game session.

Real Name
    Lissy

OK I thought I had gotten over SHT and surrendered to the inevitable with this EP. I wasn't interest in it and I was ignoring all the chatter about it. But something got me going again. Sigh.

First of all, I'm not getting this EP because I feel that this is an EP for Late Night. I know, some of you pro-SHowTime players will disagree. But that's ok. Differences of opinion is good.

Secondly, I don't like that Simport will be integrated into the game regardless of whether or not we want it. To people out there that say you can turn it on/off, well and good. The Sims franchise is meant to be a standalone game and I'd like to see it stay that way. To people that look forward to this I say ask EA to resurrect The Sims Online - The Next Generation and go play that. I'm not interested in playing an online MMORPG version of The Sims.

Third, I just heard Katy Perry's song for The Sims 3: Showtime. Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6egOIUF7Vs It's in ENGLISH!!! That right there is blasphemy. I love my Simlish songs and all artists up to this point have recorded their songs in Simlish. Is this one more change we players should get used to? EA just gave me the best reason to never get this EP... ENGLISH songs. That's one more nail in the coffin. No, I'm not a Katy Perry hater. I like Katy Perry but I won't play an English song in my Sims game. I don't have English anything in my Sims games. I'm a purist.

Oh don't worry... this family is still a huge EA consumer. Madden NFL will keep bringing us back. SWTOR will be releasing EP's and we'll be getting them. If EA/Mythic ever gets around to releasing DAoC II we'll be getting that too. But sadly for the Sims, Generations may be our last EP, at least until Sims 4.

I agree with you regarding the Simlish songs. Looks like Ms Perry felt it beneath her dignity to do so.

Of course, no one will ever do a better Simlish song than My Chemical Romance's reworking of 'Na Na Na' (not that I'm biased or anything) but if she wants the money for the tie in deal she should be willing to join in the spirit of the game and rerecord some songs in the game lingo.

It is very unsporting of EA doing this deal. No way was I going to buy this, but the thought of feeding Kate Perry's Simself to a cowplant is too tempting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Real Name
    Kathy

I could be wrong but actually i think its only that way for the PROMO VID.. i really doubt EA would let ONE artist sing ENGLISH in a sims game where as other artists dont. (but what do i know)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Martine-Capucine

Tssss this new EP sounds finaly not good for me...regarding all the problems with this S3 game!!..now I just wait for the sims4..lol..and hope this will work fine..hummm!!

Thanks Caro

Real Name
    Kathy

^ Martine.now I just wait for the sims4..lol..and hope this will work fine..hummm!!
    HUH? ive been playing Sims 4 for quite some time now.. its called RL

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Salma

Lol Zeluna

Check out this video guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nutTYflFCwk

I Dont know but EA seams dumb to me know, since when the game is all about achievements, and what's exciting about sharing achievement news huh!
    But the good news is, it wont be a forced thing to apply this annoying thing

-Don't worry when you're not recognized, but strive to be recognized *Abraham Lincoln

Real Name
    Lissy

Anyone get Showtime? How is the game and are you having fun? LOL No, I'm still not getting the game... I'm hoping that the pool table, dominoes, DJ booth and photobooth will be in the store somewhere down the road then I'll get it. I won't get a whole EP for a few things.

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Frani

I just installed it last night and haven't had any time to play it yet. I'm not super impressed with the new items, obviously mostly are for the stage but the few that aren't are just okay. But there are quite a few new outfits that are actually kind of cute. I thought the new town would be more flashy, and it seems small, but again I haven't been able to explore much. I'll post more when I actually get a chance to play. I'm still refusing to use simport or anything like that. MATY I think already has all the exclusives items you get for using the simport so not too concerned about it. The new patch was to fix simport because custom content & sims were sticking to people's game when that obviously was not suppose to happen so I still don't trust it.

Real Name
    Teresa

I played some last night for the first time and I do like the simfest an having live shows to watch makes it seem more sociable for the sim, I played long enough to have my first gig an ended up with a 12 hour bad moodlet for singing off key lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information