Enthusiasts of the back roads are surprised to discover churches at the loneliest of crossroads,
seemingly in the middle of nowhere. They soon realize, however, that the picturesque little church
may be all that remains of a once thriving community.
Many of the churches that have closed have been sold off and converted to other uses.
They now serve as community centres, concert halls, town halls, even private homes.
Some have fallen into decay, a sign of a no longer viable community.
Taken as a whole, these churches -- and former churches -- represent an important
part of our architectural heritage, and an integral part of our physical landscape.
You have just started your own business as a property developer, with two successful renovations under your belt,
the most recent being the Barn renovation, and now you are wanting to reinvest your profits.
You have come across this old church on the outskirts of a small township for a knock down price.
* The Application Round will last 10 days.
* We will have 2 rounds in total. The first lasting 7 days and the second lasting 10 days.
Your judges will be:
- Round 1
- Round 2
- Minena Application Round 1 Round 2
- riekus13 Application Round 1 Round 2
- matty36 Application Round 1
* Application Round Ends: October 8th at 11:59 p.m. GMT - EXTENDED until October 17th at 11:59 p.m. GMT*
Applications and Round 1 must be in separate posts and posted by the 17th!
Provide the name of your property development company, write a little about your business
and include two pictures of a completed renovation project, one interior and one exterior (can be old pics).
Round Ends: October 17th at 11:59 p.m. GMT
- Any size lot
- 15x20 squares in size
- Must not be modern in style
- Must be two stories high
- Living area must be open (i.e. no upstairs above)
- Must have an upstairs area
- Must have a roof, not a flat one
- Can include Driveways, new buildings such as garage, and/or Farm Buildings
- Try to show original features, cemetery optional
- Must have a back and front door
- Must have a landscaped garden
* You should not decorate the Church with furniture in this round.
* You will require 1 image of the church prior to the start of the renovation.
* Renovate it, fit the windows and doors, add walls, basic plumbing (bath/kitchen), etc.
The overall theme will be a "Country" style home.
* There should be no decor or furnishings at this time.
Require inspiration? Try these links:
The Wall Street Journal, House of the Day - Denver Church Conversion
Apartment Therapy, UK Church and Chapel Conversions
When finished please post no more than 10 screenshots in this thread and label your post Round 1.
**Round closes October 27th at 11:59 p.m. GMT**
During the beginning stages of renovating the property you've come to love the old church and the area where it's located...
the quiet solitude and quaint charm. You're now taking the leap and plan to purchase the property after the renovations are complete.
In keeping with the quaint charm of an old church, your decor should reflect that of a country home.
A How-To for Country Home Decor
Country Living Room
French Country Kitchen
French Country Bedroom
French Country Bathroom
You have 10 days to decorate your space.
You may use up to 20 screenshots no bigger than 800x800.
To be distributed at the end of the contest.
Country Breakfast Skillet
- One New Mesh
- Collection File
* Basegame Compatible & Recolorable
* Will shift up and down with the [ and ] keys if you have Apartment Life
- One New Mesh
- Found under Decor/Miscellaneous Decor for $10
At the time of creation, I have only the Basegame installed and fully patched.