Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Create a Style won't stop loading? I can't do anything now!

Stunning Sand Dollar itstheblonde1's Avatar

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Alyse

Exclamation Create a Style won't stop loading? I can't do anything now!

Every time I open up Create a Style, whether to change colors on clothing or to change colors on build mode, it just keeps loading and loading forever. It won't even let me cancel the create a style or do anything. I can click on the three dots button (sorry cant think of a better name for it lol) and get to click on main menu to load the house all over again but that's about it. I cannot decorate anything which really makes me angry seeing as thats the whole reason why I even play sims. Help pretty please!

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Salma

you have generations ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Don't worry when you're not recognized, but strive to be recognized *Abraham Lincoln

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louma For This Useful Post:

Real Name
    Miranda

I had this problem too when I used the sims3pack multi installer. Now I don't use it anymore and the problem is gone... I guess some patterns can't be changed into package files
    Otherwise I wouldn't know what the problem might be...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tantemir For This Useful Post:

Real Name
    Laney

Maybe try clearing your caches before you start your game. It might help.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to laney For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Alyse

Yes, I have Generations.
    I don't have a multipack installer.
    And I clear my caches nearly every time.

And my game doesn't exactly freeze, I can still exit normally, it just loads forever and won't let me do anything else.
    Thank you so much for your help, I really hope I can figure this out.

BTW: I also did the whole thing with the sims 3 dashboard and checked if anything I installed was corrupt and there wasn't any problem there so I'm baffled.

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Linda

I have this problem now & then. I think its a pattern doing it. Delete any new patterns that you just installed. Thats the only thing that helped me. I have to watch what patterns I load.
    ೋღღೋ
    ~~ Excessive clutter collector~~
    ೋღღೋ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miklin83 For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Salma

if you have generations then let me assume it always act like that when u're in the misc patterns tab ?! bec if so this happened a lot for generations, just go from the 1st preset to the 2nd one change it to another category and u're set. if that object has only one preset, then try to open another object and pass another pattern to the object you want "other than the one in misc" i find the first pattern in plastic category pretty similar to the one in misc. that would do it

-Don't worry when you're not recognized, but strive to be recognized *Abraham Lincoln

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Louma For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Alyse

Thanks, but once I open Create a Style I'm pretty much stuck and the only thing I can do is exit, I can't get back to the game. And I have tried getting to a different section but it won't let me.

Just to be sure I went to my recently added patterns and deleted them all and Create a style worked when I styled clothing but then a minute later when I went to style the house it did the same thing again and was stuck. I'm so confused.

Awards Showcase

Real Name
    Linda

Did you add any patterns via the launcher? Did you put in a lot/house via the launcher? I bet its still a pattern doing this.

This sounds drastic, but take out all your patterns save it to your desktop or where ever, try the game and see if it works for you. Then you will know for sure its a pattern. Add the patterns slowly back in...a few at a time, start the game to see if it works. Keep doing this till your game stalls in loading then you will know which pattern is doing it. Hope this helps you.
    ೋღღೋ
    ~~ Excessive clutter collector~~
    ೋღღೋ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to miklin83 For This Useful Post:

This happens for me in misc. since Generations. I simply click on any of the patterns showing and then click the CAS undo button, after that it will work for that piece. I do this every time I try to recolour something that is miscellaneous. I have tons of patterns and maybe they are the source of the issue, but it started after I installed generations and doing the above has always fixed it for me. GOOD LUCK

17. The Following User Says Thank You to debmac For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information