Thread: Truth of Iraqui War, a security threat or a truth deserved to know?

In the land of fantasy, lies a house.....
    Real Name
    Viet, Jesse

Default Truth of Iraqui War, a security threat or a truth deserved to know?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...military-leaks
    There we go again. Right after when the Afghan logs started to go down.
    These Iraqui logs are more disturbing though, depicting hundreds of civilian deaths.
    And the qeustion is:
    Is the leak a major security threat towards the soldiers?
    or
    Is it a truth that we deserve to know to see real face of the war?

This is Jesse
    Peace, out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "Just be happy everyday" - Spencer West

Real Name
    Franco

I am sick of this war. Has someone found it's point? WAR IS NO SOLUTION TO ANY CONFLICT, EVERYONE LOOSES. WAR DESTROYS LIVES, FAMILIES, CITIES, AND EVEN WHOLE COUNTRIES.
    I don't really understand how people can get honoured because of going to war and killing innocent civilians who did not even want this war!
    I understand Iraq has been through many social and politic conflicts and that the situation there is really delicate. Still, there's no reason for torturing and killing civilians who did not do anything AT ALL!
    This topic makes me loose my temper.
    Last edited by Franco; October 23rd, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Real Name
    Alexandra

My husband is Iraqi, many of the Wikileaks informations are a well known fact to the Iraqis. I will not start ranting because it will get me into heavy discussions and here is my happy place in the net. But the endangerment of the soldiers came from their own government. Iraq had oil, was no threat to the US, only to itīs own people. It was as simple as that. The Government didnīt ever care about their own soldiers or the Iraqis, they have what they wanted now, if the veterans get proper care or Iraq is a functioning country-who cares?

The truth must ALWAYS be known.

There is no clean war. War leaves utter chaos and pain. War is the evil of all times. Only once people actually SEE that (not the cleaned up news picture, the truth is so much nastier) they might think twice before following hate or propaganda of any kind and supporting war.

Real Name
    Ashleigh or Ash for shorts =]

We were having an ongoing discussion about this in my class today. i fully agree with my teacher, when he said the war is pointless. We were reading articles about how officials want US troops to stay in Iraq until Iraq is stable. An example that was given to show it was unstable were leaked war logs telling about abducted officials and even torture in jails.(i can't quote exactaly but i'll put what i remember) "Blood found pooling on the floors, a rubber hose and electrical wired rigged to a metal door in a police station." To sum it up my teacher said that "US troops have been in Iraq for 8 years if they aren't stable now they won't be any time soon so is all of this time, effort and even lives of innocent people necessary no."
    you can encounter many defeats but you must not be defeated
    -Maya Angelou

Thread Information