EA UK Community Info:
01. Long hair will move with the wind, just like plants and trees, and it will also move when they walk/run.
02. An active household button will be available for switching between families but the Sims from the family you are switching from will lose their current wishes and opportunities.
03. Still no need to buy clothes from shops, as they are all available via the dresser by taking your Sim to a CAS screen, and no need for dressers either because you can just click on your Sim and change clothes via an interaction.
04. As long as you are within the lot of a neighbor's home, you have the option to visit the neighbor or to spy on them from a window.
05. Each career building has its own sound effects/noise to go with whatever the career is, which would be coming from inside the buildings.
06. There will be a Grim Reaper statue.
07. Still no option to hire a gardner, however, no deteriation of plants or on them weeds either.
08. Casual, formal and swimwear are still the only clothing types available for parties.
09. The social bunny may not be in the game but does appear in a painting that you can buy.
10. So far there only seems to be one laptop computer and it is buyable and not only found in a treasure chest when fishing like some of us thought at first.
11. Tons of new items and things to do with babies, toddlers and especially children, but nothing specified, just that we are going to be pleased.
12. No bunkbeds and cribs still don't have blankets.
13. 10 different cars available in the game so far.
14. No way to build greenhouses so far.
15. 6 total floors available for lots, including foundations and basements.
16. No curved walls.
17. Still the three options as in Sims 2, so no more mention of the ultra (4th) speed that was supposedly in the game before.
18. Still no vertical half-walls.
19. When you use CAST for certain items, if other items that are similar are near it (such as counters. cupboards, etc.) then the other items will use the same color/pattern.
20. Cell phones are not customizable simply because they are no longer in your inventory but attached to your Sim as interactions. So cell phones must be permanent.
21. The import of custom wallpapers and such may be available.
22. No way to modify the actual town such as with decrations and such, only lots, homes, buildings, etc.
23. With the click of a button, the lot type is now changeable, and only appears in a community or empty lot.
24. It's only possible to build on empty lots that are already placed because the roads are designed to be more realistic and therefore makes it harder to place lots anywhere, as in literally anywhere. So there must be pre-assigned spaces available.
25. Tombstones appear in three different sizes and each size may depend on the success of the Sim towards their goals and what not, and all graves will show how the Sim died by symbols (hand over a wave = drowning, knife and fork = hunger, etc.). Some urns are also more like metal bins.
26. Skill courses cost $400 each since they are a much faster way to gain skill points.
27. Expensive TV's are HD-enabled and give Sims a positive moodlet.
28. No big screen from Apartment Life, vending machines, murphy bed, hotdog stands, bear rug from Sims 1, spin-the-bottle game or walk-in closets.
29. You can rely on moodlets much more than the needs because of how advanced the AI is in terms of Sims taking care of their needs. Moodlets will actually inform you when the Sims' needs are low, so there really is no necessity in looking at the needs bars, thus why the needs are no longer in the first tab.
30. Clothes are more stylish and many of them are also more age-specific in terms of style.
31. No layerable clothing but as for the clothing that already come in layers, each layer is customizable.
32. Sims can indeed go barefoot at all times.
33. No wedding veils, bathrobes or turbans.
34. There will be realistic wavy hair but no curly hair.
35. Afros available for both genders.
36. There will be two ponytail styles, two pigtail styles and one plait pigtail style.
37. Hair is divided into hair worn down or loose as one section and hair with hats, accessories and in ponytails as the other section.
38. No facial piercings and only ear piercings for teens and older.
39. No braces/retainers.
40. More of a selection of glasses.
41. The facial sliders are no longer as extreme as in Sims 2, now with more subtle changes.
42. There will be a glossy lipstick but no actual separate lipgloss category for makeup.
43. The unnatural colors of the skin tone choices are red, blue and green, and there are three natural colors, from light to dark each.
44. Sim relationship ties in CAS are exactly the same as in Sims 2.
45. There are three different voices for adults and two for children and of course you can change the pitch of each to make them different.
46. You can lock wishes like you can with wants in Sims 2.
47. You can choose the length of eyelashes.
48. You will see Sims turn into ghosts before they disappear into their urns/tombstones.
49. There can be times when Sims have no wishes at the moment.
50. No churches in the game but there is a small chapel around the cemetery.
51. Cars will pass through the pedestrians since there are no car accidents.
52. If a toddler is left on a lot alone they will magically warp back home, and the game will prompt you that they are unattended and ask you to call a babysitter or send someone to stay home with them.
53. Lots are fixed in size, you cannot change the sizes, but you can still move a house to a bigger lot.
54. The school bus will pick up every student at time before dropping them off at the school and then it will disappear during school hours.
55. All students still get homework every school day.
56. Pregnancy now lasts 3 days rather than the previously mentioned 6 days.
57. There are 11 careers: athletic, culinary, criminal, military, politics, medical, law enforcement, science, music, journalism & education. There are 5 part-time jobs which can now be for young adults and adults as well: bookstore clerk, grocery store clerk, spa receptionist, spa specialist, grave digger.
58. No specific advantage or disadvantage for having a baby born in the hospital rather than at home.
59. The game does not slow down as your Sim wanders about town and any loading times such as switching between families are very quick. Sims 3 loads faster than Sims 2.
60. Still no strollers, babies and toddlers must be carried. However, Sims are now able to do many things while carrying them such as sitting on the couch, talk on the phone, watch TV, etc. They can definitely multi-task this way.
61. Children have their own bikes while teens use adult bikes.
62. Toddlers still use the high chair to eat.
63. Laptops can be carried in your inventory and be placed on surfaces to use them or you can use them at neighbor's houses as well.
64. Sims now know which bed is theirs. There is no assign option but they assume a bed is theirs by the first bed they are directed to and will continue to use that bed from now on. If you click on somebody else's bed and try to send your Sim to sleep there, it will say "sleep in x Sim's bed." Only inappropriate Sims would go and sleep in another Sim's bed without being directed to.
65. To learn to cook new recipes, your Sim has to buy recipe books from the bookstore. Each recipe book has a cooking skill level that will be required for your Sim to learn the new recipe from reading the book. Each recipe has set ingredients and if you don't have those in your fridge you can just pay some amount from your funds rather than having to go to the store to fetch them.
66. Sims know who their friends and family are and will recognise them out in the street. When you go to socialise with someone, it will tell you their relationship to you in the top left corner of the screen, eg. "brother-in-law", "boyfriend", "ex-husband", "son."
67. Adults find it harder to get pregnant than young adults. However, as an adult, you can buy a mid-life crisis and redo all your Sim's personality traits.
68. The first time you load the game, the neighbourhood is static until you choose what to do. On subsequent loads, it will take you straight into the family you were playing with previously.
69. Not only will you get embarrassed being caught doing woohoo in certain career buildings, but it can affect your career as well.
70. Sims in relationships don't autonomously cheat on their spouses, unless their traits mean that they would (eg. commitment issues). If your Sim is having a relationship with someone who is seeing somebody else, they could ask them to break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend. When your Sim starts to flirt with someone who's in a relationship, you'll get a pop-up telling you so, so you can choose to proceed or not.
71. Friendships are slightly different since there is now only one friendship bar not two like in Sims 2 (short and long term) and your friendship status changes as you move up the bar (from stranger to acquaintence, to friend, to good friend, to best friend - and into romance if you wish). Friendships do still decay but it seems to be slower, it is difficult to tell since there is no longer a number out of 100 to look at just a bar that fill up. However if you have a friend and the relationship decays below friendship they now become a "distant friend" so you don't loose them as a friend.
72. No career rewards, as they have been replaced with LTW rewards.
73. No actual mental breakdowns when Sims are in the red or seeing shrinks.
74. In-game, the LTW is chosen once your Sim becomes a teen.
75. Hit movie composer LTW is the top level of the symphonic branch of the music career, and DNA Genetist and Robot Cross Breeder LTW's are in the science career.
76. No sign of anything bad happening to Sims when you delete their promised wishes.
77. This is now how skills work...there aren't any talent badges. As you gain skill points you unlock certain other things, so for example, a Journalism Sim unsurpisingly wanted to gain some writing skill. It also wanted to write a novel. With no skill it could only write Fiction, Non-fiction and Science Fiction, but once it gained a skill point it could also write humour, and with more skill points it opens up additional genres each of which in turn could earn higher royalty payments (you now get money over a period of time for each book). With the guitar, as you gain skill points you learn to perform new songs and compositions and you can also read books to learn even more songs to play. There are also additional extras you can do in each skill, for example, writing 5 novels in one genre will make you a "specialist" and mean you get more hit and bestselling books in that genre. Skills have basically been completely overhauled and are now a bit more like really advanced tallent badges.
78. To save a wish you have to left-click on it and to delete it you have to right-click. Only once a wish has been saved can you actually satisfy it and gain happiness points and moodlets for it. You do not get any benefits from satisfying wishes before saving them. You also have to be careful which wishes you save as you only get four slots to save them in.
79. So far there are currently 22 hairstyles for female Sims and 17 hairstyles for male Sims.
80. If a sim is sleeping you can hover over the bed icon up top and it will tell you the time that the Sim will be fully rested. And if you allowed the Sim to sleep until it is fully rested, it would receive a positive moodlet.
81. Workaholic students will start on their homework as soon as they arrive home and are more likely to finish it.
82. When a teen finishes school there's a chance it may bring a friend home and there's also a chance the teen may get invited over to a friend's house. You have the option to decline. You can then follow the teen to their friend's house. Depending on how good of friends they are, your teen can 'request to stay over' and if the friend accepts, they'll say 'sure make yourself at home'.
83. The Goths have four graves in their back garden. Mortimer's traits are Grumpy and Artistic. He is best friends with Bella. Bella wears a red dress, her favorite colour is also red. Her traits are Good, Brave and Lucky. Kaylynn wears a pony tail, she likes to clean and is slightly older than Mortimer and Bella, while Mortimer is one day older than Bella.
84. There are at least 21 playable households in the town. Each household has a difficulty rating.
85. RETICULATING 4D SPLINES will appear in the main loading screen.
86. If there are no windows in a room, a Sim will have a "it's dark in here" moodlet. They will pretty much have a moodlet that tells you that certain important things are not available such as "need toilet" or "Where's my baby" if they cannot get to the baby.
87. It may take much longer to torture Sims by hunger.
88. Known skills: Writing, Guitar, Logic, Charisma, Gardening, Fishing, Cooking, Handiness (the new Mechanical skill), Painting and Cleaning.
89. Aging, free will and story progression turn-off options are for the entire town only, not for each household.
90. No CAS demo will be available, only the game itself.
91. There will be a firetruck to come to your house during a fire when you have an alarm, as it had stated otherwise in the past. Same should be for the house alarm with the police car.
92. Walls up, down and cut-away only affects the current lot your Sim is on, not the entire town altogether.
TSR's BlackGarden's Blog Info:
01. You can choose almost all the clothing types by separate tops, bottoms & shoes as well as whole outfits, like you can for everyday wear in TS2 (except with shoe choices too...) and you can set accessories for each outfit separately.
02. An example of the starting money for a family of 6 created in CAS was 24000 Simoleans, so 20000 is not always the amount.
03. Sims are very independent and intelligent now. They don't need you anymore. Straight away they start to amuse themselves in ways that suit their traits. For example, in one family, the "evil" uncle has gone onto the Internet to troll forums. The "athletic" father has wandered off to the gym. The "friendly" child gets on his brand new child's bike and rides to a park to meet friends. The mother with "commitment issues" is chatting up the neighbours. The "family oriented" teen is teaching her little sister to walk. And all of this without you telling them to do a thing.
04. Socializing has been heavily updated. As you talk to another Sim, some information about them and what they think of you appears in the upper left. If they have any relationship to you (husband, brother-in-law, ex-husband), it'll show this in the top left corner, too. As you perform interactions with them it'll give you an idea of what they thought of that interaction. If Sim B flirts with Sim A, a message might appear like "Sim A thinks Sim B is being weird.. If you tell them a joke, you might be "being amusing"... if you flirt and they are interested you might be "being flirty", or even "being irresistible", depending on their relationship level and level of attraction to you.
05. There are loads of great new interactions which convey more subtle ranges of emotion than the interactions in The Sims 2. For example, if your Sim has been flirting with another Sim for a while, they can "confess attraction" to tell them how they feel about them. Then if that goes well, maybe you'd want to ask if they'd like to "go steady". This is no longer an option just for teens, young adults and older can now go steady, too.
06. There is still a chime when your Sim gets pregnant to notify you.
07. Fireworks are replaced with hearts after woohoo and hearts will fall everywhere even when woohoo'ing in career buildings.
08. Pregnant Sims gets ill, have back pains and get cravings for different foods. She can even get a massage from another Sim or at the spa to feel better.
09. There are three types of massages, some more expensive than others.
10. Advanced pregnancy: 24 hours after falling pregnant, your Sim "realises" she is pregnant, and changes to maternity wear... you peer at their belly... it doesn't seem to have grown. It will grow gradually over the next 48 hours. No one will know that she is pregnant until the belly appears, thus there is a new interaction "announce pregnancy". You can go to friends, family and your partner... and "announce" that you're pregnant to them. Just hope they will react well... since someone who "dislikes children" could react negatively. Your partner may go and buy you a pregnancy book to help you through your pregnancy. You can carry on with life as normal until the baby's born (except, of course, you get time off work). When the baby's ready to be born you'll get a pop-up in the top right corner of the screen telling you so, and advising you to get your Sim home for a home birth, or to the hospital. All you do is go to map view, find the hospital, click on it, and choose to go there to give birth. You can also just click the hospital building if you're nearby anyway. An example of what the father could do if he is a family-oriented Sim... a pregnant Sim's husband was sat in the park reading a book, and he got up and ran to the hospital, and his interaction showed up as "be with mother." Being pregnant can also give you a positive moodlet, regardless the aches and sickness.
01. The reason for no different heights being in the game is because of animation issues and not all the animations can work.
02. You cannot choose your Sim's sexual orientation, it will work the same way as in Sims 2.
03. At this time you cannot import external patterns for CAST.
04. The launcher now allows you to manage the files that you can share or add to your website.
05. All playable Sims and townies will have homes except for service NPC's.
06. Children of firefighters can become pyromaniacs.
07. The death flower can allow the grim reaper to leave you alone when you die while the life flower gives you a few extra days to live. The death fish is great for fertilizing but it can also kill your plants.
08. While Sims can't obviously kill other Sims, a blaze of fire can occur during a fire (from cooking or whatever) and kill one of your guests.
***Links have already been posted in above posts as my sources.***